The Department is charged with the responsibility of preparing and implementing draft policy(s) on strategic partnership as well as coordinating flows of partnerships and interactions with Local and International Development Partners.
- Oversees the Ministry’s engagement with State and Local Governments, Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs), International Communities, and other stakeholders.
- Coordinates Charities and Endowments aimed at alleviating sufferings of victims of Disasters, Internally Displaced Persons and Persons of Concern in Nigeria.
- Coordinates the Prevention and Countering Violent Extremism (PCVE) and Gender Mainstreaming Desks in the Ministry.
- Provides risk management assessment to identify, analyse and manage safety and security risks to personnel, asset, and operations of the FMHDSD, its Parastatals, field workers, as well as Persons of Concern and the IDPs in conjunction with Security Agencies.
- The Department also performs roles or other duties assigned by the Hon. Minister and the Permanent Secretary as deemed necessary.