The Department is an extension of the Attorney General’s chambers headed by the Director, legal services who acts as the Legal Adviser of the Ministry.
Functions of the Department:
- Legal representation of the Ministry and its Agencies in Courts all over the federation.
- Preparation and vetting of Contract Agreements awarded by the Ministerial Tender Board (MTB).
- Preparation and vetting of Bilateral and Multilateral Memorandum of Understated (MOU) between the Ministry and its Agencies both local and International.
- preparation of draft legislations for the Ministry and its agencies
- Proffering legal opinion relating to the Ministry and its Agencies
- Interpretation of Laws and legislations.
Any other ad- hoc assignment that may be assigned to the Department from time to time by the Ministry